Saturday, May 12, 2012

Never Walk Alone

I've been listening to Matt Redman's song "Never Once" a lot lately. Anyone who watches my Spotify on facebook knows this. :)

This song is especially meaningful to me right now. This past semester has been full of challenges and heartache. Yet, through it all, God has been faithful. I first heard this song when my life was starting to look up again. I had gone to the Gathering, which was unusual for me, and I fell in love with this song.



Never once, in all the pain, did God leave me alone. I know that the only reason I made it through was because He carried me. He was always with me. "Scars and struggles on the way/but with joy our hearts can say/ yes our hearts can say/ never once did we ever walk alone/ never once did you leave us on our own/ you are faithful/ God you are faithful." God has been faithful through my whole life. He has never abandoned me. He is always with me. He was there when my family moved from the south to Seattle, He was there when I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes, He was there when I started college and left my family, and He was there through the challenges and struggles of this past semester.

It put me in mind of the Christian walk--it is a walk. We are walking side-by-side with Christ. How often do I get distracted by the pretty things along the path? How often do I walk along and ignore Him who walks beside me? How often do I wander along rabbit trails only to go running back to Him in shame?

I am trying to learn how to walk each moment with Him. To keep Him in mind at all times. If I had been doing that all along, I would not have made nearly as many mistakes. I know that He forgives and that I am clean and forgiven, but I want to do better, I want to be better.

Jesus is my Prince, He is the only thing I need. If I have Him, I have everything, so why do I think I need the things of this world?


At the last 24 hour worship time at school I wandered in and saw that they had set up easels and paint supplies. So, I painted a picture of what I hope my walk with Jesus will look like. I am a visual person so I usually picture things in my head to make them real. This picture is but a dim look at the beauty I see in my mind. (And I've edited the painting a bit with Photoshop), but I thought that I would share it, since it's just sitting in a box at school.

It's titled "The Bride of Christ", because that's what we are, and that is the most wonderful thing I can possibly imagine.


5 comments:

  1. I LOVE your painting... Such a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Lauren! I love this painting. You've got such amazing hands and a talented mind. I wish the pretty things in my head could come onto paper half as well as yours do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Beautiful! :) And I love that song too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Laura and Esther, you two are such good friends. :) I miss you two.

    ReplyDelete